Your privacy is important to us. At Thyme and Beyond we take all the necessary measures to protect the privacy and confidentiality of any personal information on this site.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 the data controller is Thyme & Beyond, Stepaside, Narberth SA67 8LR and sub-processors providing services in connection with the operation of our online booking system which are Eviivo and their subsidiaries.
Information we may collect
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (thymeandbeyond.co.uk). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- When you make a reservation, you are asked for your name and email address. We may also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences you might have for your stay. These may include accessibility or dietary requirements and any other special requests you may have.
- We collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- If you need to get in touch with us, we may also collect information from you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to process your booking, understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
- We use your home address as part of the card payment processing to validate the card.
- We will use your email address to send you confirmation of the booking and our terms and conditions.
- If you have made an online booking and have made a special request, we may contact you via email or telephone to ensure we can meet your needs.
- If you have not given us an arrival time, or have requested a time that we cannot accommodate, we will either call or email you to advise you of this.
- After your stay you will receive an automatic email from our booking system offering you the option of reviewing your stay.
We will not otherwise use your telephone number to contact you unless it for an emergency and/or we have been unable to contact you by email.
We may use the information to improve our products and services, to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and the devices you use.
To provide you with information, products or services or special offers that you request from us to which we feel my interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We are required by law to collect the following information on all our guests. We do this by asking you to complete a registration form on arrival.
For commonwealth guests: Name and nationality
For non-commonwealth guests; Name, nationality, passport number, address of next destination
We will ask you to confirm that you agree to us holding your data in accordance with GDPR 2018.
We will keep these forms safely in a locked filing cabinet. We are required to keep these registration forms for a year and show them to a police officer if they request to see them. We will safetly and securely destroy these forms 12 months after your stay.
We have 2 security cameras on the outside of the B&B. One overlooks the car park at the front of the main house and the second looks out over our garden and entrance into the bar area. None of the cameras are pointed at the guest bedrooms, door or windows.
We use these cameras for the security of our property, ourselves, our animals, our guests and our guests’ property.
The data is recorded securely online and kept for 30 days only.
The only people to have access to this data are owners, Marco and Lyall Scorovich. The data can only be accessed via screen in our office which is kept locked always, and via an app on our smartphones, both of which are password protected.
Storage of data and security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All of the personal and debit/credit card data you supply to us, as part of the booking process, is stored and processed securely.
We will never disclose any personal data to any third parties unless there is a legal reason to do so. We do not offer or sell personal and private information or data to any third parties.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information or to request us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We may also disclose personal data as permitted or required by law. For instance, if asked by the authorities, such as the police or HMRC, we may share your personal data with them for the purposes of prevention and detection of crime. Information is not shared with them outside of this purpose.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Thyme and Beyond, Stepaside, Narberth, SA67 8LR or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide this information within one month, electronically and free of charge.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.